greetings from sunny (and foggy) los angeles, ca


Hi, I'm heather. I like taking pictures. I take a lot of them. I stay up way too late. I wake up with my kids way too early (for me). Though slowly I'm learning that sleep is good.

I love photographing newborns, toddlers, kids (I've got two of my own), families, pets...you name it! Large groups and weddings make me way too nervous, but I'd be happy to refer you to other photographers in the area.

I love to hear your comments, so feel free to add to my blog by posting. Having a hard time remembering "umami?" Well, I wanted a name that would be easy to remember, spell and find, but apparently I did none of that, so if you'd like to get emails when I post, just add your email to the "subscribe here" box... you'll be the first to find out when I'll be offering mini sessions and other specials!

have a happy day... heather

10.01.2007

a quick family shoot

My friend Amy (Lo's mom...see previous post), has just started a tutoring business. Check it out, oh and she's also a jewelry designer, or was pre-kid anyway...I'm not really an accessories person, mostly since I just can't figure out what to wear with what, so I just wear my sparkly earrings, but I'm going to have to start investing in her collection...if I can get her to part with any of it that is.

Now where was I? Oh yeah, our local newspaper wants to highlight Amy and her new business - she's just that darn fabulous. Well, Miss Amy asked if I would take some photos of her working with her clients so they could be submitted to the paper. Well, of course! You know I'll be posting again if any of them actually do make it to print.

After shooting Amy with one tutoring clients, the family asked if I would just take a few snaps of the whole family together. How could I resist?!


How often does a mom get a free second to herself, let alone get to pose for a picture all on her own? Well, here stands the fabulous mom, ruler of the household (among other things).




Soaking up some love from her kids.


Isn't he adorable?! Okay, I'm sure he'd hate to be called adorable. But I mean look at that gorgeous smile!





Mom and daughter: before the teenage years. :)



And a storyboard thanks to Amber. I sure hope Jack and Kaylie are this loving with each other when they get older.



Is it only Monday?! Have a great week everyone. No big plans here, just chasing the kids around. Oh, we did go hang out at the beach today in front of David Geffen's house in Malibu. Fun fun! Jack and I got doused by a wave so the bottom of my cords got soaked and jack took off his shorts and ran around in his Thomas the Train undies... lovely. At least he kept the undies on (for the most part).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous family!

Anonymous said...

beautiful family, and fabulous photo shoot, H!