greetings from sunny (and foggy) los angeles, ca


Hi, I'm heather. I like taking pictures. I take a lot of them. I stay up way too late. I wake up with my kids way too early (for me). Though slowly I'm learning that sleep is good.

I love photographing newborns, toddlers, kids (I've got two of my own), families, pets...you name it! Large groups and weddings make me way too nervous, but I'd be happy to refer you to other photographers in the area.

I love to hear your comments, so feel free to add to my blog by posting. Having a hard time remembering "umami?" Well, I wanted a name that would be easy to remember, spell and find, but apparently I did none of that, so if you'd like to get emails when I post, just add your email to the "subscribe here" box... you'll be the first to find out when I'll be offering mini sessions and other specials!

have a happy day... heather

9.13.2008

mini cooper is not so mini any more!

Back in May I flew out to Cleveland to take newborn photos of little cooper (2 weeks old here).
Remember this handsome fellow?



Well, here he is almost five months later. Check out this smile...not bad for flying cross-country and being all off schedule. Oh, I had such a fun time trying to get this guy to chuckle today. He rewarded me with some belly laughs and a little spit up. I'm not a studio photographer (still working on the outdoor stuff) but here's a little attempt at a white background. White is the trickiest to pull off since you need a lot of light shining on the background... but in this case I used a little extra elbow grease in photoshop.


Since cooper and his mom were in town, we had a small get together at our house with another friend, her hubbie and their two kids. Miss charlotte here turned one this summer and was just throwing smiles at me left and right... but I just love these slightly serious looks from her.







And here are a couple charlotte's big brother lucas sporting the shaggy surfer 'do.







Are you keeping a watch on umamiphotography.com? The new site should be up any time now. I submitted the finished site to my web gurus... now just waiting for them to get it all uploaded... could be any time now.

I'm going to be doing a little promotion for those who have subsribed to this blog...so stay tuned for that also!

And if you're on facebook... I just started an umami photography group. Join me over there!

No comments: