greetings from sunny (and foggy) los angeles, ca


Hi, I'm heather. I like taking pictures. I take a lot of them. I stay up way too late. I wake up with my kids way too early (for me). Though slowly I'm learning that sleep is good.

I love photographing newborns, toddlers, kids (I've got two of my own), families, pets...you name it! Large groups and weddings make me way too nervous, but I'd be happy to refer you to other photographers in the area.

I love to hear your comments, so feel free to add to my blog by posting. Having a hard time remembering "umami?" Well, I wanted a name that would be easy to remember, spell and find, but apparently I did none of that, so if you'd like to get emails when I post, just add your email to the "subscribe here" box... you'll be the first to find out when I'll be offering mini sessions and other specials!

have a happy day... heather

12.30.2008

happy holidays!!!!

Woah, sorry it's been so long since I've last posted. My week (or two) in bullets:
* Edited holiday card photoshoots
* Frantically shopped for xmas presents (mostly online of course)
* Caught a cold (bleh... missed out on a dinner to the Little Door)
* Hosted Christmas Eve dinner (18 adults and 5 kids). I made a turkey (actually cooked it all the way through this year) and some other goodies and some of our friends and family brought their favorite dishes.
* Forgot to take out the trash the day before Xmas Eve. We now have a garage full of big wheel boxes, wrapping paper and a crunch Christmas tree.
* House guests - my brother and his family and my parents stayed with us for a few days (that's a lot of folks to cram into a 3 bedroom... but it was actually a lot of fun once I got past all the crumbs 4 toddlers make). lol
* Jack learned how to ride his bike! Only it's super small and he looks a bit like a circus clown on a mini bike... his brilliant mom got him a balance bike for Xmas... only to discover the day before Xmas that he could ride a real bike (without the training wheels).
* I got an iphone!!! Matt always gets me the most thoughtful gifts. He knew I wanted one, but that I couldn't get past my current $20 a month cell phone plan to make the upgrade. So he did it for me. Now I just need to get it set up and I'll be all professional with email on the go... and I promise to actually carry it around with me (unlike my current phone which is usually in the car, dead without a car charger).
*And oh, we discovered on the 23rd that we didn't order enough holiday cards...so if you didn't get one, uh, it might be in the next batch. LOL

Okay, enough about me... Oh, did I mention that besides being obsessed with ballet stuff (this princess ballet class is all she talks about)...she's also been very into decorating herself again. The last two days she's covered her face and/or body with hand lotion, peanut butter and markers. KAYLIE!!! I only took pictures of the marker tatoos... will post later.

Okay, really, enough about me. :)

Here are some pics from a gorgeous family I shot just before Christmas down in Marina Del Rey.




couldn't decide if I liked more sand...




or more sky...















I've got more, but first I have GOT to clean off my desk tonight. Be back soon!

marina del rey photographer, culver city photographer, west los angeles photographer

No comments: