greetings from sunny (and foggy) los angeles, ca


Hi, I'm heather. I like taking pictures. I take a lot of them. I stay up way too late. I wake up with my kids way too early (for me). Though slowly I'm learning that sleep is good.

I love photographing newborns, toddlers, kids (I've got two of my own), families, pets...you name it! Large groups and weddings make me way too nervous, but I'd be happy to refer you to other photographers in the area.

I love to hear your comments, so feel free to add to my blog by posting. Having a hard time remembering "umami?" Well, I wanted a name that would be easy to remember, spell and find, but apparently I did none of that, so if you'd like to get emails when I post, just add your email to the "subscribe here" box... you'll be the first to find out when I'll be offering mini sessions and other specials!

have a happy day... heather

2.05.2009

februrary in los angeles... beach weather!

So the weather has been just amazing here in LA and I've finally realized the true joy of living near the beach (the kid-entertainment factor). We've been taking the kids down to the beach quite a bit as it's been in the 70's for I can't remember how long now (though forecast calls for rain tomorrow). Okay, I hate that sand gets everywhere (car, floors, ears, more on the floor when the kids take off their swim suits to use the potty), but I'm seeing the beach benefits may outweigh the sand! The other day we were down by the water for 3 hours. I mostly got to chat with some friends, took a few pictures and the kids enjoyed building and playing together. It's not Shangri-la, as we still have to pack snacks, yell at the kids for throwing sand, and take toddlers to public restrooms, but 3+ hours of entertainment... that's awesome. Oh, and I recently found out the pizza guy will deliver.


lo and kaylie were pouring sea water on their heads.




new friends who are visiting from england (jack had a crush on the older girl)




I've also started to embrace Kaylie's desire to always be playing with lotion or making some kind of mess on her body. The other day I filled up a bowl with warm soapy water (at least it's clean right?). I set the bowl on the patio and let her go to town. First thing she did was take off all her clothes (of course, it's Kaylie). And then shortly after we have bath fun in a bowl...







We're supposed to go for a little hike tomorrow... but we might get rained out...

No comments: