greetings from sunny (and foggy) los angeles, ca


Hi, I'm heather. I like taking pictures. I take a lot of them. I stay up way too late. I wake up with my kids way too early (for me). Though slowly I'm learning that sleep is good.

I love photographing newborns, toddlers, kids (I've got two of my own), families, pets...you name it! Large groups and weddings make me way too nervous, but I'd be happy to refer you to other photographers in the area.

I love to hear your comments, so feel free to add to my blog by posting. Having a hard time remembering "umami?" Well, I wanted a name that would be easy to remember, spell and find, but apparently I did none of that, so if you'd like to get emails when I post, just add your email to the "subscribe here" box... you'll be the first to find out when I'll be offering mini sessions and other specials!

have a happy day... heather

2.26.2009

maternity photos - street, gas station, beach cont.

I'm back with a few more shots from a crazy-fun maternity session with my friend Amy. Not only is Amy a super foxy mom (she's got an almost 3 year old), but she's also super smart (check out her business palitutor.com), and crafty too (nativeartstudio.com). Watch out Amy, I'm thinking you might start getting some tutor requests from some of the local high school boys (and their dads). lol

Our first stop of the morning: we dragged this chair out by my house... we had to move it a couple times as cars drove by staring and waving at us.




This shot was taken in my garage. It's a bit of a photoshop mess, but I like it anyway.




As we were packing up to move on to our next location, I saw this couple waking a herd of dogs down the street...




at this old gas station...




heading toward the beach...




This one cracked me up... Amy looks all fierce, but then there's the bike laying there and these two ducks that started following us around...







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for making me look so wonderfully pregnant!!! I love every single picture. We spend so much time disliking everything about ourselves but when someone can capture lovely parts of you- you feel fantastic!!!

umami photography said...

Thank you for being my wonderful model...willing to lay on a pile of flowers, hang out in an old gas station and ride your bike in a bikini on the beach!

Anonymous said...

these are incredible images- luv the one in your garage
and to amy - you are one hot preger chick