greetings from sunny (and foggy) los angeles, ca


Hi, I'm heather. I like taking pictures. I take a lot of them. I stay up way too late. I wake up with my kids way too early (for me). Though slowly I'm learning that sleep is good.

I love photographing newborns, toddlers, kids (I've got two of my own), families, pets...you name it! Large groups and weddings make me way too nervous, but I'd be happy to refer you to other photographers in the area.

I love to hear your comments, so feel free to add to my blog by posting. Having a hard time remembering "umami?" Well, I wanted a name that would be easy to remember, spell and find, but apparently I did none of that, so if you'd like to get emails when I post, just add your email to the "subscribe here" box... you'll be the first to find out when I'll be offering mini sessions and other specials!

have a happy day... heather

3.09.2009

boys weekend/ girls weekend

Matt took Jack to Arizona for their first boys weekend getaway. It was Jack's first time on an airplane and I cannot tell you how excited he was. I just think it's so cute how Jack can be so enthusiastic about things... "AWESOME! IT WAS GREAT! AWESOME IS MY FAVORITE WORD!" Somehow Jack even managed to pack Boo-Boo-Da-Dee-dee-dee-dee his stuff whale (yes, Jack named him and the name stuck).

boys trip photos by matt and my brother geoff

Some of the trip highlights: peanuts and apple juice on the plane, the tiny plane bathroom, getting handed a practice ball at the Giants game, hanging out with Uncle Geoff, Aunt Jen, cousins Mason and Finn, going to the train museum, the hotel swimming pool, and getting to spend lots of time with Dad.







Meanwhile, Kaylie and I had our own fun: soccer (aka playing on the swing set while the rest of the team played on the field...guess someone wasn't ready for soccer yet), birthday party, hollywood and highland for the sesame street body exhibit, dinner including kid-sized chocolate and peanut butter milkshakes at johnny rockets, hanging with Amy and Lo, hiking, tricycle riding... for all you with tricycle riding toddlers, let me know if you want to use Kaylie's new trike (thank you craigslist) in your photos!

It was a really great weekend.

2 comments:

Grandma Suzy said...

Any ideas for Kaylie's birthday?

cindie said...

I'm cracking up at that last picture of Kaylie. She and Avery are sooooo alike! Avery even has those pants. And, she'd be naked any chance she can get.