greetings from sunny (and foggy) los angeles, ca


Hi, I'm heather. I like taking pictures. I take a lot of them. I stay up way too late. I wake up with my kids way too early (for me). Though slowly I'm learning that sleep is good.

I love photographing newborns, toddlers, kids (I've got two of my own), families, pets...you name it! Large groups and weddings make me way too nervous, but I'd be happy to refer you to other photographers in the area.

I love to hear your comments, so feel free to add to my blog by posting. Having a hard time remembering "umami?" Well, I wanted a name that would be easy to remember, spell and find, but apparently I did none of that, so if you'd like to get emails when I post, just add your email to the "subscribe here" box... you'll be the first to find out when I'll be offering mini sessions and other specials!

have a happy day... heather

4.09.2009

Congratulations to America's Next Top Maternity Model!

A day after we tried to get Amy in to see ANTM photographer Nigel Barker for some more maternity photos, Amy's baby must have decided she wanted to meet Nigel in person, because at 3:22am last night I got a phone call from Alden saying Amy was in labor. Woo hoo! I had just gone to bed two hours earlier, but I couldn't have been happier to get the call. Amy, Alden and Lo zoomed over and dropped off soon-to-be-big-brother Lo for a little slumber party while the pregnant party headed to the hospital.

A few hours later, a perfect little girl was born - Marlo Leigh Harris. So a big congrats so Amy, Alden and Lo! Now... time for some newborn pics!!!

*ANTM = America's Next Top Model
Note: If you're pregnant and live near NYC or are willing to travel for some amazing photos (and want to possibly be part of a coffee table book)... check out Nigel's blog post. Don't you love how I'm talking like I know him or something? Well, it just seems so cool!

Oh, and here are a few more photos from when we went down to the beach where Alden was being interviewed by Jamie Chambers of KTLA News because he'd seen a couple great white sharks at Will Rogers beach (while he was swimming... ACK!).





congrats to the proud parents!




An interesting top down shot of Amy's belly button!

1 comment:

amy said...

this is the coolest blog posting ever. do i really hv two children now? lord...