greetings from sunny (and foggy) los angeles, ca


Hi, I'm heather. I like taking pictures. I take a lot of them. I stay up way too late. I wake up with my kids way too early (for me). Though slowly I'm learning that sleep is good.

I love photographing newborns, toddlers, kids (I've got two of my own), families, pets...you name it! Large groups and weddings make me way too nervous, but I'd be happy to refer you to other photographers in the area.

I love to hear your comments, so feel free to add to my blog by posting. Having a hard time remembering "umami?" Well, I wanted a name that would be easy to remember, spell and find, but apparently I did none of that, so if you'd like to get emails when I post, just add your email to the "subscribe here" box... you'll be the first to find out when I'll be offering mini sessions and other specials!

have a happy day... heather

10.16.2009

Products and album sample!

Some photographers offer digital files, some offer prints, I offer both and albums too! Actually, if there's an item you've seen that involves photography, ask me about it and I can probably find someway to create it.

It's great to be able to get a cd of the images from your photo session, but how many people actually go out and have prints made? In many cases, the images just sit on the cd (like mine sit on my computer). The nice thing about ordering prints is that it takes out one of the steps... next step of course is popping that print into a frame and getting it up on the wall or desk.

An alternative to ordering large wall prints or your ho-hum 5x7, is ordering an album! I have prints I ordered from our wedding photographer, that I was planning on making into an album for my parents, but don't you know, they're all sitting in the same envelope they came in...6 years ag0. Thank goodness I ordered an album from our photographer so we have something to look through and show our friends.

Just recently I got to make up a really cool family photo album. I use a couple different album companies since I like a different styles. This company offers many different fabrics for the covers - from a high quality black leather, to a tangerine cow-friendly (faux) leather, to this blue faux snake skin. I'm awful at product shots, so please excuse my attempt here...
















1 comment:

amy said...

love this! cuties.