greetings from sunny (and foggy) los angeles, ca


Hi, I'm heather. I like taking pictures. I take a lot of them. I stay up way too late. I wake up with my kids way too early (for me). Though slowly I'm learning that sleep is good.

I love photographing newborns, toddlers, kids (I've got two of my own), families, pets...you name it! Large groups and weddings make me way too nervous, but I'd be happy to refer you to other photographers in the area.

I love to hear your comments, so feel free to add to my blog by posting. Having a hard time remembering "umami?" Well, I wanted a name that would be easy to remember, spell and find, but apparently I did none of that, so if you'd like to get emails when I post, just add your email to the "subscribe here" box... you'll be the first to find out when I'll be offering mini sessions and other specials!

have a happy day... heather

10.11.2009

a whole lotta family - kids, baby, family, pets!

A couple weeks ago I braved the LA traffic to photograph this awesome family, and can you believe I got stuck in a traffic jam at 9:30am?! Luckily I was only stuck in the traffic and not the cause of it, so I'll be thankful for that. Anyway, after some emails and talking with Alison a couple months ago, I finally got to meet the whole family in person (3 dogs included)!

3 kids (oldest is 5) and 3 dogs. Let me repeat that: 3 kids and 3 dogs. Did I mention that one of the dogs is a puppy? You'd think it would have been a chaotic event, but Mom and Dad were super calm and just so relaxed the whole time that the kids just followed in their footsteps. Alison and Chad make a great team - one would hand me water to gulp down while the other was feeding or changing the kids into new outfits. Hats off to you.

What I really loved was that when I threw an idea out there (like carrying their velvety chair out to the backyard), they totally rolled with me... throwing the dogs and kids up on the bed...sure! And Alison and Chad had some ideas for shots they wanted to get too... so we got it all!

Hope you enjoy!


here's a little photoshop experiment... I figure this is what life really feels like sometimes...and don't you just love how Mom and Dad just enjoy it?







sometimes I just love the candid moments




I don't want to blow the holiday card photo surprise, so I thought I'd post some of the outtakes...




This one cracked me up! We were trying to get all 3 dogs and kids on the bed. I think Braden gave up at this point...lol and the dogs look like they are just humoring me. I love the ones where they're all looking up smiling, but this one just makes me smile.




Here's one guy who was willing to give me a smile! We just cut out the rest of the party-poopers!




The real stars of the show!




The kids each got to choose a special item - it's a fun way to remember a specific stage in life (like the princess stage that we've been in for a couple years now).




I had a hard time choosing my favorite photo of this little doll... they were are sooooo delicious! Check out those arm rolls and those beautiful big brown eyes she's got!







I just could not resist these little toes in the grass and her perfect linen dress!




and a little bit of puppy sharing the love...


So many more, but Alison and Chad, I'll be sending those your way in the morning! Time for me to hit the hay.

No comments: