greetings from sunny (and foggy) los angeles, ca


Hi, I'm heather. I like taking pictures. I take a lot of them. I stay up way too late. I wake up with my kids way too early (for me). Though slowly I'm learning that sleep is good.

I love photographing newborns, toddlers, kids (I've got two of my own), families, pets...you name it! Large groups and weddings make me way too nervous, but I'd be happy to refer you to other photographers in the area.

I love to hear your comments, so feel free to add to my blog by posting. Having a hard time remembering "umami?" Well, I wanted a name that would be easy to remember, spell and find, but apparently I did none of that, so if you'd like to get emails when I post, just add your email to the "subscribe here" box... you'll be the first to find out when I'll be offering mini sessions and other specials!

have a happy day... heather

1.13.2010

testing testing... this thing still on?!

Happy New Year everyone!!! ...that is if anyone is still out there... Bueller? Bueller?

Sorry I've been missing for so long. Somehow our household headed into the holidays sick and tired but emerged healthy and fired up to start a new year! Here's a very quick recap of the last couple of months:

- Lots of family photo holiday card sessions
- Lots of online shopping and trips to the mall with both kids in tow.
- Lots of editing. I even had to pay to use pandora.com last month since I used up my free 40 hours.
- Family trips to San Diego and Big Bear (almost real vacations... our last one was over a year and a half ago). Best part was hanging out with family and friends and getting the little cousins together.
- 3 weeks off of school for the kids
- 2 days (okay, half days) snowboarding. whoo hoo!!! So fun! Left with a big bruise on my left cheek (the one covered by my jeans) and random sore spots... like my shin? Ski camp for both kids (Kaylie's favorite part was the hot cocoa of course; Jack's was going down the bunny slope with Dad).
- Matt home for 2 1/2 weeks...unheard of
- Walked with the kids down to the beach and back from our house. So awesome! They actually made it down and more importantly, back up the hill on their own feet.
- Drawing up plans to add on to and remodel our house (anxiety attack). I will be calling on all you designers to help pick fixtures, cabinets... ack! Tile! Ack! Deep breaths....
- Hosted Christmas dinner at our house with the help from sister in laws who brought most the food (including a Vons turkey... might have to do that again next year).
- Uh... other stuff that my brain has already forgotten since it only functions at about 45%. :)

2010! Wishing you all the best and thanks for hanging in there with me!!!

love,
heather

P.S. Here's our holiday card that I had printed in Nov, but somehow I still have some sitting here that haven't been delivered yet. Ha!





1 comment:

Grace said...

Loved your holiday card, heard about you hosting Christmas dinner, and knew you were busy, busy in December with holiday shoots! Phew! You emerged fresh for 2010...I hope.:) Your most recent photo shoot looks great...still trying to figure out how we can get you out here to shoot our kids!;) Anyway, just thought I'd stop by to say, "Hey!" before the babe is born & I'm not communicating with anyone for a while.;)