greetings from sunny (and foggy) los angeles, ca


Hi, I'm heather. I like taking pictures. I take a lot of them. I stay up way too late. I wake up with my kids way too early (for me). Though slowly I'm learning that sleep is good.

I love photographing newborns, toddlers, kids (I've got two of my own), families, pets...you name it! Large groups and weddings make me way too nervous, but I'd be happy to refer you to other photographers in the area.

I love to hear your comments, so feel free to add to my blog by posting. Having a hard time remembering "umami?" Well, I wanted a name that would be easy to remember, spell and find, but apparently I did none of that, so if you'd like to get emails when I post, just add your email to the "subscribe here" box... you'll be the first to find out when I'll be offering mini sessions and other specials!

have a happy day... heather

4.11.2008

I've been blogged!

Is that the right term?

check it out: Pink Feet Photography blog

Yesterday I met up with two fellow photographers who live not too far from my inlaws. While the kids were hanging with Grandma and Grandpa, I got to go out and practice my photography skillz and have some fun. Charise, I've adopted as a friend and mentor (whether she knows it or not). I'm so stoked that she'll be taking some family photos of us later this year. Woohoo! Check out her fancy dancy new blog.

Cheyenne was the other photographer (and now friend) who graciously posed for us. Man, it's so nice being able to take a picture of someone who actually sits still (and doesn't require gummy vitamin bribes to do so). ;) I also found out she too loves Men in Trees! Don't you love her pink heart necklace and green sweater? I should have taken a picture of all of our shoes... Cheyenne had on black converse all stars, Charise had on flip flops and I had on my new pleather spikey boots (so not me, I know) but it was a site to see all of us tromping through the bushes with the snakes and stink bugs.

I think we need to make these practice photoshoots a regular deal! Who's in?

And here are a few of Miss Pink Feet and Charise (next time you're modeling Charise!).










3 comments:

Cheyenne said...

dude, i didn't know you would give me gummi vitamins!! that's it... next time i'm holding out for the gummi's!!!

cindie said...

Love the second photo! Oh, and the last one is so cool! :)

umami photography said...

Cheyenne - is it possible to O.D. on gummi vitamins? I'll bring some next time, but you can only have the daily recommendation. :)

Cindie! Thanks...I love adding textures to add a little something something.