greetings from sunny (and foggy) los angeles, ca


Hi, I'm heather. I like taking pictures. I take a lot of them. I stay up way too late. I wake up with my kids way too early (for me). Though slowly I'm learning that sleep is good.

I love photographing newborns, toddlers, kids (I've got two of my own), families, pets...you name it! Large groups and weddings make me way too nervous, but I'd be happy to refer you to other photographers in the area.

I love to hear your comments, so feel free to add to my blog by posting. Having a hard time remembering "umami?" Well, I wanted a name that would be easy to remember, spell and find, but apparently I did none of that, so if you'd like to get emails when I post, just add your email to the "subscribe here" box... you'll be the first to find out when I'll be offering mini sessions and other specials!

have a happy day... heather

7.07.2008

dirty kids at big bear

A few weekends ago I took the kids up to Big Bear for a night of camping. Matt was flying back from Boston and had more work to do, but we had some other friends and family going up so I figured I might as well go. I packed up some spam musubi (rice patties with spam in the middle...isn't your mouth watering?), a cooler other camping type foods, a tent and our sleeping bags and we were set!

The trip was a success and boy was I happy the next day to return home to clean sheets and a shower. Kaylie and her cousin Tara loved being dirty camping girls though and had a contest to see who could get filthier. I'm pretty sure by the second night of her camping trip cousin Tara won.




For the middle image I just had the right photo on top of the left photo and set to 50% opacity (so you could see through to the bottom photo). Kind of a weird effect.




The hit of the camping trip was our friend's new trailer...we drove 3 hours to be in the wilderness and the kids just wanted to play flight attendant in the trailer. LOL




Max is very serious about breakfast.




The dirty girls...
cousin tara




and kaylie


1 comment:

cindie said...

You are brave taking the kids camping without Matt.

Avery doesn't even need to go camping to be the Dirtiest Girl. :p

Cute kids!