greetings from sunny (and foggy) los angeles, ca


Hi, I'm heather. I like taking pictures. I take a lot of them. I stay up way too late. I wake up with my kids way too early (for me). Though slowly I'm learning that sleep is good.

I love photographing newborns, toddlers, kids (I've got two of my own), families, pets...you name it! Large groups and weddings make me way too nervous, but I'd be happy to refer you to other photographers in the area.

I love to hear your comments, so feel free to add to my blog by posting. Having a hard time remembering "umami?" Well, I wanted a name that would be easy to remember, spell and find, but apparently I did none of that, so if you'd like to get emails when I post, just add your email to the "subscribe here" box... you'll be the first to find out when I'll be offering mini sessions and other specials!

have a happy day... heather

6.23.2009

baby isla || newborn photography pacific palisades

My beautiful Aussie friend Danielle and her hubbie John make the most gorgeous babies (and give them some great names)! Here are a few family photos taken with their son Mason last month.

And here at 10 days old, is little Isla just perfect looking and so awake. Usually I recommend taking newborn photos at about 5-10 days old so they're super sleepy and moldable. But little Isla was so awake already... she just wanted to see what was going on. No fussing, just eyes wide open. After about 4 hours of nursing, peeing and pooping, she finally fell asleep (and I hope she took a long nap for you Danielle)! And thank goodness for Danielle's mom who was there to magically rock Isla to sleep.







awake.
are you kidding me with those cheeks?! I just want to squeeze them and eat 'em up! and check out that perfect little pucker.





because danielle looked so lovely with the chandelier...




Isla wasn't so sure about the joke I cracked.







back in her cozy pjs... finally asleep (in a fun little hat I knitted).


2 comments:

amy said...

Gorgeous like here mama!

gilbert said...

These are beautiful images!