greetings from sunny (and foggy) los angeles, ca


Hi, I'm heather. I like taking pictures. I take a lot of them. I stay up way too late. I wake up with my kids way too early (for me). Though slowly I'm learning that sleep is good.

I love photographing newborns, toddlers, kids (I've got two of my own), families, pets...you name it! Large groups and weddings make me way too nervous, but I'd be happy to refer you to other photographers in the area.

I love to hear your comments, so feel free to add to my blog by posting. Having a hard time remembering "umami?" Well, I wanted a name that would be easy to remember, spell and find, but apparently I did none of that, so if you'd like to get emails when I post, just add your email to the "subscribe here" box... you'll be the first to find out when I'll be offering mini sessions and other specials!

have a happy day... heather

2.13.2009

happy valentine's day!

As a surprise, the kids and I made some heart-shaped cookies for Daddy for Valentine's Day. The surprise was on me when I dug through my drawer-o'-junk-and-spam musubi maker, and the only cookie cutters I could find were two Christmas trees and a snowman. So I went online and did a google search: how to make a cookie cutter. Five minutes later MacGyver Heather had a cookie cutter made from some scrap metal ducting found in the garage and a little masking tape.

When Matt came home from his work today, Jack told him that we made him a surprise. "I'll give you just two clues. It begins with the letter C and it's something that Cookie Monster likes to eat."




Happy Valentines to my Valentine of over 13 years! Thanks for loving me and working so hard for our family. I love you!

our first date




and another old one I dug up taken few years later on one of our best vacations - a cross country road trip.
this was taken at the shady dell. if you're ever in bisbee, az, I highly recommend stopping here for the night or at least for a grilled cheese sandwich.




we'll be kicking off valentine's day at kaylie and jack's first soccer game. They're playing together on the same team...how cute is that?! Go Team 1 (they haven't come up with a name yet)!!

happy valentine's day everyone!

3 comments:

Grandma Suzy said...

Hey, Charlie Tuna top! Do you still have it?

Grandma Suzy said...

How come I still have to re-register everytime to post as me?

umami photography said...

Yep, I've still got your Charlie Tuna top. It's in my closet and comes out on special airstream trailer occasions.